Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today is Really Thursday.

It's the Tuesday of a short week, so it's really Thursday as far as I'm concerned. I'm so very, very happy for this short week (you could say I'm thankful for it, but that's sort of a cop out) and so ready to host Thanksgiving this year!

My hosting does not include cooking. Though I proved my mad cooking skillz on poker night, that's a rare occurrence and is not easily repeatable. My folks are coming up Wednesday and will start smoking the turkey. I'll cut up vegetables and um....yeah. My brothers will probably come up on Thursday, and I hope they stay long enough for some games and a little Wii competition!

.......................................................

I'm thankful that my parents are still together and still mushy with each other. I'm so grateful that I grew up in a loving household and still have my parents' relationship as a model for how I want my marriage to be.

No comments: