A couple of observations about Denver, having been here for approximately 2 hours...
A lot more people smoke here than I would have expected.
I can see why they call is Menver.
Altitude is stupid.
The amount of awesome signs printed on brick buildings is incredible here. I must comeback armed with my good camera.
The 16th Street Mall is very cool - painted pianos every couple of blocks, guys playing chess, sign spinners, and the occasional crazy yelling person.
The bus down the Mall is free. Cool.
It reminds me a little bit of Portland and a little bit of Austin.
This place rocks.
More to come...
A usually not-so-serious-but-sometimes-serious account of my life in Wine Country.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Here is my own version of Ruminations for today.
- Is anyone else a tad creeped out by American Apparel online ads? No? Just me?
- I would kill to work for myself. Well, not kill I guess. Then I'd be in jail and STILL be workin' for the man.
- The Northern Lights are sick. (Hey, 1995 called. They want "sick" back.)
- I think Fon du Lac, Wisconsin is one of the coolest city names ever.
- Other cool words: Albequerque and alopecia (definition notsomuch)
- There are those who say, "I have an idea!" and let you decide it's worth and then there are those who say, "I have a great idea!" and are arrogant jerks.
- Streaming Netflix through my Wii is awesome. Really, really awesome. Now I wish I could stream Hulu through my Wii. Life would be complete. Almost.
- Why does it seem so difficult to win the lottery?
- I love one hit wonders. And bad TV.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)