Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Open Letter - To My Friends

Dear Friends of Mine,

It's Thursday, November 19, 2009. I'm not sure how this happened but it did. Some of you I've known since I was 9, some I've know since I was 19, some I've know since I was 29. I'm so thankful for you guys. You keep me sane yet you join me insanity. You are up for anything or nothing at all. You've led your lives, as have I, and when we connect again, it's like no time has passed. Whether we go without seeing each other for a day, a week, a month, a year...I know I can call you, we'll get together, and silliness will ensue.

I've had so much fun watching your lives unfold - from the "grown-up" jobs to the new cars to the new houses to the new guys to the old guys to the new husbands to the new clothes to the new experiences. We've become pretty cool people in our old age and you've helped me get to where I am now.

You keep me grounded when I just want to daydream my life away. You have always been amazing sounding boards for my life decisions and I wouldn't be where I am without that. You are funny and fun, silly and serious. We have the same sense of humor which we all know is so important and which allows us to do what we do best. You like to go dancing with me, even when I bust out the Kid 'n Play followed by the sprinkler. In public. You don't care if I make a fool of myself and often encourage me, but I owe my lack of public embarrassment and outgoing personality to that. You've helped me grow as a person in every way, shape and form, and I thank you for that.

I hope I have been the kind of friend to you that you've been to me. Life doesn't get any better than when you are around.

Love,

Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Wine Chick!!! You are a fabulous friend and I feel extremely lucky to have you apart of my life as well ;-)

May we have many more years of fun and silliness together!

ps - keep the postings coming as I enjoy reading your posts.

Wine Chick said...

Thank you so much for commenting, S!! I'm so happy to have you in my life too. Cheers to the silly years we have ahead of us!! I know for a fact they'll be fun :)

I'll be posting as much as I can...can't miss a day this month!