Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Too Sexy for My Age?

I just saw this and am disgusted by it. The Mommy Files on SFGate.com wrote an article about this. 



Obviously, parents put their daughters in these competitions. Obviously, adults taught them the routines. Why is this ok?!? The outfits alone are WAY too risque for young girls. Maybe I'm a prude, or maybe I'm just out of touch with "the times," but I would never, ever let my daughter wear this outfit and dance like that. INAPPROPRIATE. I'm shocked that any adult thought that this was the right thing to do by these girls. You could go on and on about how this just perpetuates the pressure that society places on girls to be perfect and sexy in order to be taken seriously. I won't do that. I am just appalled that this even happened.

4 comments:

cjensencroknit said...

hi, i'm cindy and i came across your blog. i totally agree with you. how could any parent let their child dress, much less perform like this? these parents, all they think about is a popularity contest. these kids don't know what they are doing is wrong, because their parents encourage it. this is what makes men rape girls..totally disgusting...

Wine Chick said...

Hi Cindy - I can't believe this is out there either. Are the parents living vicariously through their children, or what! Makes me sick.

Anyway - thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Julie said...

Hi, I'm Julie and I stumbled across your blog and I have to say I completely agree! I saw this on Anderson Cooper and was disgusted. I'm just waiting until one of the news stations has these sick parents on their show to defend their "case". HA! I'd just love to hear what they have to say as to WHY in the world they would allow their children to take part in something like this. I also agree with Cindy..this IS why underage sexual assaults, rapes, etc. happen!

Wine Chick said...

Hi Julie - Thanks for stopping by! I would SO love to hear what parents have to say. Just appalling....20/20 should do an interview!