Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Singin in the Car

I tend to look at people in their cars when I'm driving. I can't help it. I like to see what type of person drives what type of car. Did I expect that combination? Are they doing anything funny? Are they cute? You know, all the interesting things about strangers.

Ever since I started driving to the new office, I've seen a lot more people singing in their cars. It's probably because I drive more slowly now and am on roads with oncoming traffic. It's fun. Last Friday, I saw a dude in a big ol' white cowboy hat, in a Ford F250, singing his HEART OUT to some country song he had blasting. It was hilarious! I watched him in my rearview mirror all the way down Soscol and at a very long red light. He was in his own world, rockin out to his favorite country song. Today I saw a kid in his early 20s probably, wife beater, beat up white truck JAMMIN' to some rock song. I love how carefree singing in the car make me feel, and I can only assume everyone feels this way. My current research is supporting this statement.

Sing in the car on the way to work tomorrow. It feels good. Rock on.

No comments: