Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Improv

Any sort of improv is awesome. Purely awesome. When these people dance to Do Re Mi from The Sound of Music (one of my favorite movies ever) in Belgium, I just get all happy like a 3 year old with an ice cream cone. It makes me feel like there really IS a sense of community and it's just such raw entertainment. These people are not out there to make a buck, they're not hired actors, they're not some company. They're funny people doing funny things just. because. And I love that. I don't do nearly enough of things just for the halibut.

Improv Everywhere is one of those organizations. HILARIOUS. My favs are the Best Buy one, the Slo Mo Home Depot, and Frozen in Grand Central. I get all giddy when I watch these, both for the funniness of it all and the comraderie. It just tickles my fancy.

Cheers to giggles again. I heart them.

PS - When I lived in the city with WU, she had to take an improv class in school. Nerves were getting the best of her, so I met her at The Gold Dust for early afternoon shots. Yep, shots. She went to her class buzzed. Given how funny she is already, I think I missed a good show.

No comments: