Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Follow Up.

Thinking about my poor Things-to-do-before-I-turn-31 List, I'm actually disappointed in myself that I didn't accomplish as much as I thought I would have. I'm really bummed I had to cancel my jaunt to the east coast and really need something to look forward to. Time to plan some small, cheap getaways...

I've wondered lately why my friends and I don't take more trips. We all love the same things, we get along so well, and we travel well together on the small road trips we do take. We can talk for hours and hours and hours about nothing and feel like we accomplished a ton. We all value the importance of girl time, even those of us who are attached to that species we call boys. We giggle, do random things, have random things happen to us, and can enjoy a weekend in some tiny town just because it's somewhere we've never been. We have so much fun and I wish we could live on a cul-de-sac all together and ride golf carts everywhere we needed to go. I imagine us in the future all living on our little street, having block parties, and our kids all playing together.

Given that none of us live THAT close to each other, I thought I'd enter us into a spa-getaway contest at Uptake - a travel website that I just learned about. My girls and I rarely pamper ourselves - we can be too practical or too broke - so who knows! If I win, I can honestly say that we'd have the best time that anyone could possibly have on a spa weekend. We'd make sure that even the staff had a blast.

Cheers to contests (gotta love 'em) and friends (gotta love 'em too).

4 comments:

Uptake said...

Best of luck and thanks for entering.patj (uptake.com)

Elliott Ng said...

Awesome sentiments and nice to meet you. Its important to make time to spend with your friends. Of course Facebook and the intertubes in general help, but nothing beats face to face. I started doing a "mancation" with 2 of my good friends from High School and it was really rejuvenating. Good luck on the contest!

Humphrey Chen said...

Know exactly what you mean. A bunch of us from b-school have been meaning to travel together but more than a decade later it still hasn't happened. A little thing called kids/family ended up happening which has derailed our abilities to randomly have fun without too much guilt.elliott we still have our trip to Sao Paolo that we'll need to tap into one of these days from walter.

Disco Lemonade said...

Thank you both for commenting! I know life gets busy, but I'm all about shared experiences. Hopefully that even though we're getting older and have more significant life changes, my friends and I can still get together and laugh. If we have to schedule an annual trip, so be it! Too bad though - I really do love the spontaneous fun. But I guess spontaneous fun is better than no fun :)