Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Really? A Post-It?

I thought I'd continue with the Wine & Food Adventure, but I had to blog about something I saw today that leaves me with a true shocked face. Someone TYPED a Post-It. I saw it with my own eyes.

1. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a Post-It's true function? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Post-It was designed for scribbling - with your hand - a quick note with a pen. This is a way to remind yourself to take care of something, or to let someone else know where you are, when you'll be back, or what have you. It's short, sweet, and informal. Ok, sometimes it's not sweet - like when Carrie was broken up with by Post-It on Sex & the City.

2. Who uses a typewriter?!? With the invention of the personal computer, aka PC, typing a quick note via email not only saves yellow Post-It paper, but can also be received on Crackberries and other smartphones immediately. Of course, this option isn't nearly as funny.

I could take a photo, by camera phone, of the typed Post-It and send it to the intended recipients so that they receive it instantly on their Crackberries and know that they need to reply, but that's a waste of camera phone text money and time. Granted, I already did waste my money sending myself two photos using my camera phone just for this blog entry. It was worth every penny.


Cheers to the joy that a typed Post-It has brought into my life!

No comments: