Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dropsies and Other Such Things

My women-friends will know what I mean when I say I have the Dropsies. The Dropsies include dropping things, obviously, running into walls, and overall klutzy behavior. I don't know if my case of the Dropsies is the worst ever or if everything just seems worse because I'm so irritable.

Let's start with last night. I decided to get in some Christmas shopping given that I don't have any Christmas presents yet and Christmas is on Friday. The traffic was irritating, the crowds made me nutso so my evening in Fairfield was short and sweet. I then headed to the grocery store to do some shopping for work and lo and behold, I sighted someone at my grocery store. Yeah, that's right, I said it. MY grocery store. There are like 17 other grocery stores in this town and I don't go to the hoity toity ones anyway - go there. Grrr.

Luckily the line at Starbucks was nonexistent, then I headed home and proceeded to whack an elbow on a doorjamb, hit my head in the cabinet, jam my finger on a knob, and stub my toe. I decided then that it was ok to just watch TV and not wash the dishes because I could get seriously injured if I did more than just sit.

Moving to today...nothing too exciting happened this morning. I got to work, as usual, then headed upvalley for a tasting. I had to stop at JV to get one last wine, found it, loaded all the wines in my car and started the drive. Of course, someone in front of me slams on their brakes for no apparent reason other than the fact that  they're stupid, and all the wine flies off my back seat, hitting the back of my seat one by one. Ten minutes later, I smell wine. At first I thought it was because I was driving upvalley and North Napa smells more like wine than South Napa, but then I realized it's winter and the only wine I could be smelling would be that in my backseat. Sure enough, one of the bottles slammed hard enough into another one and cracked, leaking wine all over my back seat floor.

If this all doesn't count as a bad case of the Dropsies, I don't know what does.

I'd like to leave you with a quote I just saw on a bumper sticker on my way back to work..."Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

That's a shout out to my homies.

No comments: