Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Mobile Tasting Room

Last Friday was my good friend's 50th birthday. We enjoyed an awesome dinner at Arrivederci in San Rafael, one of my favorite places to eat. The atmosphere buzzes, the food is delicious, the service impeccable. Being that I work in the industry, I arrive with a case of wine, sort of a given these days. Sidenote - who would have ever thought that *that* would be me...?

Anyway, I brought a plethora of vino to choose from, from Pinot Grigio to Cab and everything inbetween. I knew there'd be an eclectic group of folks there, so I wanted to be sure everyone was happy - and they were. In addition to my box o' wine, and not the 3 liter kind, others had graciously brought some as well. In the spotlight was a 1999 Trefethen Cabernet Sauvignon that melted in my mouth, as smooth and silky as a dark chocolate truffle but with enough kick at the end to keep life interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the dance off on my palate. PS - when you work "in the industry" you use words like "palate" a little too often. It's in the vocabulary toolbox to help make you sound WineSmart.

With a surprise visit from her sister and 20 of her closest friends enjoying her big day with her, she beamed like she was turning 21 all over again. Ok, maybe 22.

Cheers to C's 50th!

No comments: