Monday, April 2, 2007

Weekends Are Fun

What do Men In Tights, Monsters Inc, a pry bar, a channel lock, scratches and cuts, sore muscles, a little I {heart} Huckabees, some world wide web withdrawl, quesadillas, wine, truffles, chicken skewers, and an awesome mojito have in common? My weekend. That's what.

I spent Friday with my good buddies in Petaluma seeing what Wenis calls Men in Tights and most know as Blades of Glory. Hilarious fun - perfect way to start off the weekend. Afterwards we went to Graffiti for a drink where I had a glass of Seghesio Zin - yum. Sonoma County wines hold a special place in my heart.

Saturday consisted of pulling up carpet strips - very pokey yes - and staples. It got old very quickly, but I plodded along. Around 5, I headed to C-Money's house then to Wenis' to take a little trip Up Valley (first time I have ever used that term - I am a true Napkin now) for the wine club's open house. After some chicken skewers with peanut sauce and truffles to die for, we headed to Angele for dinner. The place was PACKED - which means perfect people watching for us. One table captured my attention the most - and one term describes them perfectly - hoity toity. The older couple looked like they just stepped off a yacht and the younger couple looked like they stepped out of Country Club Weekly's latest issue. Oh buffy.

After much people watching and a juicy burger with a side of extra cheesy mac & cheese (again, very adult), we headed to C-Money's place to hang out before a night on the town. Or what we thought would be a night on the town. Napster is not exactly a hot spot for going out. If you're in a funny mood, Trancas Skankhouse fits the bill. If you're looking for a live band, Downtown Joe's is the place. If you're down for some swank and chill music, n.v. is cool. If you're expecting a crazy night with lots of people and ensuing crazy stories - Napster may not be the place for you. All in all, it was an awesome night filled with funny stories, a country song about Santa Rosa, and a perfectly balanced mojito.

Cheers to finding fun places to go!

No comments: