Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Not Quite in the Groove

This week has been the first week of actual work. My official orientation ended last week, though today was field trip #3. I got to meet one of the sales reps in my group along with some reps from a distributor. As everyone said, they really are a great group of people. We headed to two of the tasting rooms today, with a lunch at Silverado Brewing Co. in between. I tried so hard to get a salad, and ended up with a French dip instead. So much for eating healthy. I need to join a gym just to work off the past three weeks.

The reps are long-timers, some have been in the industry since before I was born. I won't be telling them that tidbit though. No need to make anyone feel bad - just yet anyway. I did score a vest with one of the logos on it - nice way to end the meeting!

I'm still getting the hang of my responsibilities, and cannot wait until the day that most of this is second nature. It's a good thing I was blessed with a great memory, especially one for names, because that's everything in this industry. So far, so good.

Cheers to more tours, more tastings, and free logowear!

No comments: