Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Memories: Golden Gate's 50th Anniversary

May 24, 1987. I had just turned 9 a few weeks before. My parents took the three of us kids (one brother wasn't born until 1989) to the Golden Gate Bridge's 50th Anniversary walk. I'm not a person with a lot of memories from being a kid. Some things stand out but not much... this is one that stands out vividly.

I remember what stroller my brother was being pushed in. I remember what I was wearing. I remember all the legs and jackets. I'm so happy my parents braved the crowds and brought us to this! Of course, the 800,000 people caused the bridge to flatten but all in all, what a cool experience. I hope they do this in two years for the 75th.

Article from SFGate.


Photo by: John O'Hara/Chronicle 1987

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Misty water-colored Mammories....