Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Fine Art of Grammar and Spelling

Just a short PSA for the world...

When you're out there on the interweb, promoting yourself, your business or someone else's business, it's probably best that you spell check your posts, bios, contact information, company name, and other such things. You see, if someone's information is spelled incorrectly, improper grammar is used or idioms are misused, I'm never going to contact that business and would hope no one else would either. Immediately this tells me that you do not pay attention to detail, one of the most important skills to have as a professional. If you don't take the time to ensure that the information you post to the world is correct, how could I ever trust you as a business partner/vendor/consultant?

Sidenote: If you are promoting local businesses, food or other consumer packaged goods, please use "Shop Locally" and not "Shop Local." It's driving me crazy. Business Person, this is Adverb. Adverb, this is Business Person. Become well acquainted. Please.

(If you are curious which to use, just think, am I asking people HOW to do something? If so, use the adverb.)

3 comments:

coti michele said...

All I really have to say about this is Amen.

Wine Chick said...

Thank you for agreeing. I'm so happy that someone else hears me!

English Rider said...

You done good:)