Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hair

Hair is such a funny thing. As a chick, there's so much flexibility and fun you can have with it...colors, cuts, styles. I have been coloring my own hair since I was 18 - the first time I did it, I chose a chocolate cherry color and then forgot about it and jumped in a pool. Needless to say it looked like a shark bit off my leg and I was surrounded by my own blood. Since then, I've done everything from super dark brown, to 4 colors, to crazy highlights, to chunky colors, to A-line bobs, to being on a makeover TV show where I got the coolest cut ever. Wait, the cut was cool until I realized that it looked like a I had a mullet. I freaked and had my boyfriend at the time and my roommate cut off the bottom so I wasn't rockin' the guy-who-drives-a-T-top-Camaro look.

When I get to it, I'll add photos from the years of different hair...

Right now, I look like Linda from the Wedding Singer.


I'm hoping that once the layers grow out a little and I learn how to style it, I'll look less 80s and more funkdified. Hair does not define anyone - it's just hair. It's fun and can make you look any way you want. It's like the prime accessory. I love that I can do whatever I want with this mop on my head and know that if I don't like it, it'll just grow out. I do wish I looked good with bedhead though - with the new 'do, I just look even more 80s. It's rad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. People who cant part with their long hair are in need of help. Hair is an accessory. You can get more where that came from.