Sunday, March 1, 2009

Veekend of Vino Extraordinaire

Yesterday, Saturday, I worked a table at the SF Chronicle Wine Competition. I love those events, I love meeting people and talkin' vino. It was sort of a long day, but always a fun time! I will admit, it's more fun to be the one on the other side of the table, glass out, going from table to table, but I got to see old friends, new friends, sales guys I haven't seen in a year, and meet new peeps so, check, good day.

Headed to Marin to have dinner with the family - it was my mom's 61st birthday which means that it'll be my 31st soon. Ugh. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Mom! She doesn't read this thing, but I'll give her a shout out anyway.

Today I had the absolute coolest experience - I got to help someone bottle his wine!! Dan Mills is my hero - he is a professional photographer who makes wine on the side. I'm a person who works for a winery and does photography on the side. See the parallel? Dan's work is amazing, his client list is to die for, and he has shot with the best of the best. He has the coolest studio in Rutherford and he's super friendly and just an overall cool guy.

The bottling party was so fun - we got to fill bottles, cork them, put capsules on, and voila, wine. I was there for the Cab portion but had to leave before they started Syrah. I love experiencing new things and this was right up there with one of the coolest things I've done! I met some awesome people, had some delicious hot melted cheesy goodness, and tasted Dan's wine out of the barrel. Yum. Two bottles are waiting for me in the car. What a rad way to spend a rainy Sunday in the Valley.

Guess where I am now? Sittin' on the dock of the bay, wastin' tiiiime. Ok, kidding. I'm sittin' in the condo, wastin' tiiiiimme. I'm hoping with all my might that I don't have another day of craigslist flakes. Cross your fingers for me.

Cheers to March!

No comments: