Thursday, November 5, 2009

TEN YEARS.

November 1st marked my 10th year of corporate life. Wow. I was such a baby when I started! Fresh from the video store, 21 years old, I thought corporate life was so exciting and adult-like. Ten years later, it's really not that exciting and it's WAY too adult-like.

I have learned so much in the past ten years, both personally and professionally, and have had some great (and not so great) experiences. I've become a more rational, patient person who is loyal (too loyal?) and genuine.

[and for the Academy Award thank-yous...]
Thank you to all of my bosses over the years who have shaped me into the black slack, button-down shirt employee I am today. Thank you to the ones who believed in me, the ones who supported me, and the ones who saw my potential. Thank you to my previous employer and my current for providing the benefits and employee consideration that is rare in the work force today. For those bosses who didn't do any of the above, thank you for making me realize that there are more important things in my life than working for you, like my sanity, or my ability to be a non-bitter person, or my integrity and self-worth.

Can I retire now? Come on, that was a good speech.

No comments: