Thursday, January 21, 2010

Minor Annoyances

Ya know when you're sleeping and there's a bug that flies by your ear and it wakes you up? Sometimes this can be really irritating, but most of the time it's just a minor annoyance. Like when someone spills on your new couch. I mean, really, who cares, right? It's just a couch. You get over it pretty quickly. Some people can be minor annoyances too....the name dropper, the one-upper, the ever-present hypocrite, the super snob. I try to take these folks in stride and not become friends with them. The minor annoyance of their personalities would become major issues if I spent a lot of time with them and that's just not. good. for. anyone. That's all on that.

I just got home from my friend's house and from behind the gate, I spot something weird on my front porch. It's white and it looks like someone spilled something all over the right side of the porch. Lightning flashes so I hurry under my overhang, still not sure what it is. I bend down - IT'S A TON OF HAIL! I laid down and made a hail angel and then scooped some up, put it in a baggie and put it in my freezer. Ok, I didn't make an angel but I really did put some in my freezer. I mean, COME ON. When does it hail here and stick?? Never! By the way, I am super in love with the thunder and lightning. Mr. Winter - keep it comin'. This midwesterner at heart loves this.



One last note - please. stop. copying. me. It's getting really old. The whole imitation is the sincerest form of flattery thing is over and now it's just annoying. More than just a minor annoyance. There's truly no need to do it either...true thoughts and words are much more interesting than ripping off someone else's.

Ok, one more last note...Don Giovanni's is really good. Who knew. I was lucky enough to eat there today and man that ravioli was delightful.

Yeah, I'm still not done writing. It's weird how it comes in spurts. Sometimes I can go weeks and nothing - writer's block galore. Then there are days like today when I just go on and on about nothing. Oh well. That's what this blog is for.

No comments: