Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello 2010!

I've decided to make only one official New Year's resolution and then a couple things that should happen all the time, things that I want to be more conscious about.

New Year's Resolution: Eat fruits/vegetables every day. A friend told me this one and I think it's great. This is something that should be a given, considering my mom made the most balanced meals ever, but convenience trumps healthy meals much too often.

Ok I have another New Year's Resolution - GET ORGANIZED. This means the kitchen, the studio, the dining room, the closets, the nooks & crannies that make up my house, my office, my car. My mom lives by "a place for everything and everything in its place." I am adopting that this year - I want my house to be in order so that I can spend my time living and thinking about important things. I don't want to waste any more time looking for something, or letting an unorganized space weigh on me. I need to change my habits and this is as good of a year as any to do that.

(I do have a photography resolution...post one photo every day! It's much harder than I thought.)

Things to focus on: Be polite every day with everyone. Keep spending a lot of time with my family. Take more trips if financially doable. Smile.

I have decided to try a Before I Turn 32 list instead of official resolutions. It was fun to try to attempt these last year, but I didn't finish. Let's see if I can complete last year's, with some modifications.

1. Visit G and J in NY in 2010
2. Visit M and B in Martha's Vineyard in 2010
3. Run/Walk the San Francisco Half Marathon
4. Try the remaining 27 flavors at Baskin Robbins
5. Take a picnic to the beach
6. Tahoe trip in WINTER
7. Rita's for karaoke - Have to do a repeat here!
8. Start my North Bay photography project
9. Volunteer for a day
10. Take another swing dance lesson
11. Find a kickboxing class I love - FOUND ONE! me + vallejo + kickboxing = hardcore.
12. See Citizen Kane and Gone with the Wind
13. Hike to the top of Mt. Tam
14. Continue to mail notes to friends/family more often.
15. Vegas trip - hopefully with K!

Again....Send me ideas! Exactly FOUR months to go!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

i LOVE #1!! happy new year!! :)

xoxo... t said...

Ahhhh organization... the bane of my existence! I am a mess at tax time! Do let me know how it goes...
Happy New Year!

Wine Chick said...

Oh taxes. I'm already stressed out and I haven't even received everything yet! Guess I'll be spending a lot of time in my office...me and papers. Lovely.