Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

I was thinking this morning - this foggy, really difficult to get up type of morning - that the only downside I can think of with a commute this short is that when I'm tired and haven't gotten enough sleep, you can see it. I look horrible. With not even 10 minutes to work, this is not enough time to wake up and look somewhat presentable. Today, to kill time, I went to Starbucks. I don't care if Starbucks people see my puffy, half-open eyes and my slow demeanor. Maybe I should try getting to bed earlier. Or waking up earlier and getting back on a routine. My bed is just sooooo warm with all those blankies......is summer here yet?

I was also thinking on my drive over here that I love books. I love libraries and bookstores - two places I rarely go. I usually buy my books at the thrift store for $1 or less....I just can't justify buying a new book unless it's reference material. I love the feel and smell of books, the awkward keeping open of the page, when I can dog-ear a page. I hope the Kindle doesn't replace the printing of books. That would make me sad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry about going to Starbucks with puffy eyes... they've seen it all... from zombies to people still in curlers or PJs.

Wine Chick said...

Curlers!!! Ok, that's funny. I don't think I'd be able to go that far, but I'll accept PJs. :)

Lisa said...

I think the ebook movement has already done that...now with the iPad..."forget about it". Yet I love the smell of books as well, the older the better I say.