Monday, July 4, 2011

Solo Road Trip Day 4: Hwy 395

So South Lake Tahoe wasn't exactly a great idea. It was a 21-year-old-drunk-fest and I'm just too old for that. Even the bartender at Stateline Brewery last night, 26, said it was obnoxious. I love South Lake, but only with my friends. I probably won't do that again...

The highlight of yesterday was going to Stateline Brewery for dinner and meeting a cool chick at the bar. We ended up hanging out through dinner then had a beer on the patio. It was so fun to meet someone new and the night flew by telling stories and people watching.

Like I've said before, life ain't always rainbows and unicorns. The beginning of this trip hasn't been. It's been awkward to be by myself, alone with my thoughts, barely talking all day long. I think meeting Dawn last night helped break me out of my shy shell and I hope I can do the same tonight here in Mammoth.

Wish me luck.

No comments: