Saturday, July 2, 2011

Solo Road Trip Day 2: South Lake Tahoe

I'm up and at 'em too early today. I think part of this has to do with the fact that I'm at a ghetto motel so I can hear everything. But at least they always leave the light on for me.

So yeah, I'm up. Did I say "at 'em"? Not quite yet. Trying to decide what to do today...First I'm going to color my hair. Thrilling, eh? Then maybe make my way down to this cool cafe I saw yesterday for some fuel. I'll definitely be at the lake today - It's supposed to be nice and warm so in between shooting, I'll just enjoy the sun. We'll see what happens today - I'll check back in later in case anything funny happens.

A couple of things I forgot to mention yesterday:

  • I followed a car on 80 yesterday for like a half hour with this  book visible in the back window: "Bird Songs Bible." If anyone knows me at all, it's that I hate birds. I mean yeah, the chirping is nice and reminds me of summer and sun and all that crap, but in general, if you put a cool graphic on a t-shirt of a tree, then I look closer and there's a stupid bird on it, I will not buy it. Bird people are weird. This dude had a bird songs BIBLE in his car. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get along.
  • I was getting a little road rage yesterday because the traffic on 80 was not awesome. As we were approaching Sacto, Poison by Bel Biv Devoe came on the radio and all was well.
  • I forgot Chapstick yesterday. CHAPSTICK. 3.5 hours I waited to buy some in Tahoe and slather my mouth with it. Went from Hell to Heaven in just a quick trip to Rite Aid.
  • Hot Blooded by Foreigner came out when I was about 55 days old. Crazy. I love that song.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Uh oh. I'm just getting caught up on your solo road trip entries (btw, totally proud of you and wish you the best of luck. Can't wait to see more.) and I thought I'd better warn you that you will be seeing birds at our wedding. And lots of them. I'll just prepare you for that now. In fact, it will begin with the invitation....

Wine Chick said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA ok that's way too funny :) When I wrote that, I thought, I'm totally going to offend people. HA :) It's ok, most people love bird stuff. Sara even wears her bird necklace just to annoy me :) I know I'm in the minority on this one! AND I know your wedding will be gorgeous, birds and all!!