Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Relationships

Obviously, I'm not the best person to be handing out relationship advice. Then again, hindsight is always 20/20, right? I see now what I didn't see then, and I think that only makes me a better candidate for a long-term relationship. I know what I want and I won't settle. (Hey Prince Charming, you hear that?)

One of the biggest things I see is that people don't put their significant other first. I truly believe that once you have decided to marry your SO, that person is your top priority and them yours. If you have kids, this shouldn't change! I'm not saying that your kids and your immediate family are a distant second or third to your SO, but they should be a close second and third. Your spouse is your rock, your partner. He or she is your family and that's really all there is to it. I'm also not saying that you should spend every waking moment together. I hope to have my own life and keep doing things I like to do when I find that certain someone. I don't expect that person to be my everything and it's ok if we don't hang out every second or if we have different hobbies. That what keeps it interesting, right?

That's really all I have to say about this. For now, I need to go on a first date with someone. It's a good start.

No comments: