Friday, May 21, 2010

Hmmmm.....that's weird.

So on my flight home, I was starving so of course I took the airplane peanuts. I ate one bag and noticed on the other bag this delightful note....




Are we that sue-happy of a society that we have to put a note about PEANUTS being processed in a plant that has PEANUTS and other nuts in it? Wow. It reminds me of when I first moved to Rohnert Park to go to school. I moved into Jung Haus and one of my three roommates was from Sweden. She was a little older, 24 I think at the time (hey that was old for me then - I was 19!). She had just come back from the store and said, "Why does the paper bag tell you to hold onto both handles? Obviously you should hold onto both or the other one will rip! What is with this country??" That was the beginning of my annoyance with ridiculous lawsuits and settlements. Thank you.

No comments: