Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

Thought 1: I am so excited that I witnessed such a historical moment last night. I think about when I'm a grandma (hopefully I'll be one!), I'll be able to take my grandkid's history books and say, "See that? When Mr. Obama became president? I was sitting on my couch eating leftover creamy polenta and microwaved broccoli when I watched Obama's acceptance speech." They'll probably look at my like I'm crazy, but I can't wait to be the crazy grandma with all the crazy stories.

Thought 2: I'm cold. Brrrrr. I turned on my heat last night for the first time since probably April. Baby, it's cold outside. (ok, according to weather.com, it's only 55 out there. Sure feels like 35 if you ask me.)

Thought 3: Don't ever let little chicks with big heels land on your toe. Ever. My poor, broken, left big toe is all of the colors of a black, blue and purple rainbow, and I still can't wear cute heels. I hate that chick.

Thought 4: Halloween is a such a rad holiday. People are so creative (myself and my friends included) and it's so fun to people watch. It's also so heartwarming to watch the children's faces light up and smile at their discolored teeth from all the candy. (WENIS - that was just for you. Grrrrrr).

Thought 5: I know it's only 9:26pm on a Wednesday, but I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Cheers to random thoughts! May they always be with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you mentioned the profound nature of kids rotting their teeth out. Otherwise, us little people wouldn't have ever known been able to see beauty in the mundane. Thank you for showing us the light, oh sovereign one. :)

Wine Chick said...

I know huh. I wasn't sure if you had noticed that kids are cute. It's a good thing that I am all-knowing and can save you from yourselves.

{please understand that this is a very sarcastic response. if you are unsure what sarcasm means, please visit this link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm. thank you.}