Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I (left my) HEART (in) SAN FRANCISCO

This past weeked, I took MtotheG to the city for a much needed weekend away. I took her to the non-touristy spots (like Howard and 5th) and pointed out little tidbits here and there. I was a regular tour guide. MtotheG may not have thought so, but I had fun :)

After a short shopping trip and a session at the Apple Store, we headed back to the Marina to get ready for dinner. This is a huge event because we went to Betelnut - one of my most favorite restaurants ever. Ever. Really. Ever. I heart the Hoison Pork. I heart the lettuce wraps. I heart the samosas. I heart the PomPom cocktail. I heart the chefs. Though I don't heart the freaky fish dish (looks a lot like this little bugger), I still respect the freaky fried fish.

After a night out on the town (and this time when I say "on the town" I really mean it.), I remembered how much I love it there and I sort of want to move back. I think about how much my life would have to change for that to happen, but the bustling of downtown, the people who bump into you and don't say sorry, the crazy drivers, the pricey parking, the overpriced food...I truly miss it. I miss the option of meeting new people everytime I go out, the plethora (yeah, that's right, that's a $20 word right there) of places to go and things to see, the everchanging weather, the proximity (banked another $20) to the ocean...all of it. I know that part of me is reliving my early 20s, getting all nostalgic about places that aren't there any more or aren't *the* place to go, but for the most part I think I'm just getting restless. That it's not about moving to the city at all. I'm trying to find my happy place, as lame as that sounds, and I need to keep looking. I need to realize what I have, who I have, be happy for all of it, and be content.

Cheers to finding my happy place in the most non-psycho way possible!

3 comments:

Disco Superfly said...

MtotheG TOTALLY had a Bliz-ast! =)

Wine Chick said...

WOOWOO - I'm happy you did! Can't wait to get away another weekend :)

Roses said...

Dear Madam
Happy New Year!I enjoyed very much reading your blog and i would like to invite you to the social network of "Roses Charitable Association".we are just at the beginning , but we already have some famous supporters as well as inteversting people.Its aim is to facilitate communication between people sharing same interests(aim of association women empowering)as well as support another projects-"tolerance lesson"We would really love if you could post with us as well since our members are interested in various topics starting with chaity finishing with space.We also think that among our members you would be able to find your future clients
If so, we will send you the personal invitation on your personal email address
thank you beforhand
Karina Bagration
sheftele@gmail.com