Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lame!

Two days ago, after I got my manbrows fixed, I went over to Redwood Middle School to stalk the Raiders. They've been here for weeks and weeks and weeks and I decided to go check it out on the last practice. Big mistake. There was no way to watch them that I could see! I wandered around like the true stalker that I am, listened to them practice and get fired up, and couldn't see a thing. Lame. This turned out to be just like my decision to go to The Price is Right.

When I was 12, I was watching TPIR. I loved it. Still do. I swore that when I turned 18, I would drive down to LA and get on that show. My grandma had been on TPIR before Bob Barker even was, so it's in my blood. Well, I turned 18. 19. 20. 21. Took a trip to Anaheim. Then another to San Diego. 22. 23. 24. 25. Can't even tell you how many times I'd been to LA over the years. 26. 27. 28. Find out that Bob Barker is retiring. 29. He retired. I never went. I'll regret that for the rest of my life. I was destined to be crazy and spazzy enough to wear the silly t-shirt and jump up and down and kiss Bob Barker's cheek and play the dicegame and spin the big wheel and win the Showcase Showdown. I just never made the 7-hour drive south. Next year, when the Raiders are here again for training camp, I vow on this day, August 18, 2007, that I will watch training camp. And take photos. And try to get an autograph or two. Yay Daunte Culpepper.

Cheers to following through!

1 comment:

Jersey J said...

Hey did you hear, the Beatles broke up.