Friday, May 30, 2008

Cheers to My Kelly & John!!!

Last weekend, Memorial Day 2008, two of my closest friends got hitched...Kelly & John. Usually I use code names in this blog of mine, but since this is so important and such a highlight in my life, I thought I'd give it to you straight.

Kelly & John were introduced through me and Jason, way back when we dated and lived on Treasure Island. It had to be around 2001 or so. Almost 7 years later, Kelly & John are married and in Hawaii on their honeymoon!

Their wedding was the best wedding I've ever been to. I didn't think weddings could be so absolutely, incredibly fun! All of my closest buddies in the world were there to share in their special day.

--I cried
--I laughed
--I cried some more (ok, I'm tearing up right now)
--I laughed uncontrollably
--I held hair back
--I reveled in the toasts of friends and family
--I caught googly eyes from John to Kelly
--I giggled at their first dance (K-E-L-L-Y)
--I caught up with friends I haven't seen in years
--I caught up with friends I have seen recently
--I cried again
--I shared this amazing day with people I love
--I danced, I danced, I danced
--I drank delicious Rosenblum wine
--I marveled at the details that Kelly attended to in the digital camera treasure hunt and the programs and the place cards and the favors (and I'm sure John had some say...)
--I laughed again and again
--My heart was warm, my soul was fuzzy, and it was just a perfect day.
--And the potatoes were delicious.

I am so happy for you, Kelly & John, and I wish everything that is happy and wonderful comes your way in the new life you're sharing.



Cheers to my friends getting married!

No comments: