Monday, May 5, 2008

Chapter 30

The Tahoe weekend is over. The house was gorgeous, the food delicious, and the stories hilarious. Given all that, I want to go back, drag my friends back up and over the mountain and do it all over again. A quick list of the highlights, brought to you by Corona, the official beer of the Dirty Thirties Tahoe Weekend:
  • A Friday night of Cabo Wabo insanity
  • A Saturday morning of bacon & eggs
  • A Saturday afternoon scavenger hunt that lead to a mean game of dodgeball followed by kickball, complete with uniforms and soundtrack (Go Steffenwolves! Kick some Flying Wizzbanger!)
  • A Saturday evening filled with hot tubbing, Cranium and Never Ever Have I Ever
  • A lazy Sunday that concluded with a dance off in costumes

After all of that, can you understand why I'm just straight up not ready to be back to reality? Reality means catching up on work, finishing up with the house organization, and turning 30 in 2 days, 7 hours, 29 minutes.

THIRTY. How is that possible? How did the last decade go by in such a flash? So many stories surfaced this weekend, which does happen when you get friends together to rehash the past 10 years. New friends joined the party, adding a fresh perspective to the stories of debauchery. I am so happy to have friends that will organize a killer weekend like the one that just happened, and I am so thankful I get to turn this new chapter of my life, chapter 30, with those friends.

Cheers to having awesome friends and Tahoe birthday weekends!

PS - Pictures are coming...

No comments: